Happy New Year 2018!
As we are almost mid-way into the first month of the New Year 2018, you as either a CEO or Small Business Owner, might be thinking: How am I doing as a Business Leader in my Company/Industry?
Google defines Business Leadership as “the activity of leading a group of people or organization or the ability to do this. Leadership involves:
- establishing a clear vision
- sharing that vision with others so that they will follow willingly
- providing the information, knowledge and methods to realize that vision and
- coordinating and balancing the conflicting interests of all members and stakeholders.
How are you doing with the above leadership skills for your Organization? Here are some tips to help you with the above mentioned leadership skills:
- Establishing a clear vision – In order to establish a clear vision for your Organization as a Business Leader, you must be familiar with your Organization’s current path, and as a Team come together to work on what the Vision for the Organization is. The old addage of “It takes a village to raise a Child” is also true of a successful organization. First, you have to think of all the moving parts of the Organization, its function in society and how the Organization can best serve that society with its products/services in a new or different way that has not been done yet. How do we improve on our existing product/services or the products/services already in existence in the marketplace and go from there? This is your inspiration. Think hard and long and get your Team together to help you!
- Share that vision with your Team so that they will follow willingly -People will Not follow a Weak Leader or a Leader that doesn’t seem to know what he/she is doing! It’s just human nature! So, with your Vision at hand, call all of your Team, that You have already been working with together, and brainstorm what’s the Vision of the Organization is or should be. The team will be more apt to follow YOU if they feel a sense of inclusiveness and they will follow and be onboard if you include them in the Vision process.
- Providing the information, knowledge and methods to visualize the dream – Once the dream is there, you must (as a Leader) put into place all the information, knowledge and methods for the dream. Whether that be new software, new staff, or whatever it may be, YOU as the Business Leader, must be able to communicate and put into place the above mentioned pieces of the pie. Have a Vision Board meeting with YOUR Team, get all hands on deck and get the information to your Team.
- Coordinating and balancing any conflicting interests of the members and stakeholders – When working with a Team, there will always be conflicting interests of that Team and as the Business Leader, you must learn how to get everyone onboard with the Organization’s Vision! Whether that means convincing that conflicting Team member to cooperate or “Visualize” the rest of the Team’s Vision, or letting that Team member go, whatever it takes to bring the Organization’s Vision to pass, YOU must complete and do!
Being a CEO or owner of a company myself, it is Not an easy task and the day-to-day duties/tasks of running a successful Company can be daunting! That is why you need a Team onboard with you to help YOU with the Organization’s Vision!
If as a CEO/Owner, YOU need a mature, dependable, Award=Winning Virtual Assistant, Web/Graphic Design, Typing, or Social Media enhancement, please call me and my Team and we will assist YOU to bring Your Organization’s Vision of Growth and stability to reality!
God bless and thanks for reading.
Wishing you a Prosperous 2018! The best is yet to Come!
Your GAL Friday,